Thursday, January 20, 2005

Confluence...


Yin-Yang

or "What goes around comes around."

Inspired, as usual, by a recent posting by Andy entitled "Scaled Perspective," I checked out the free screen saver "Holding Pattern."

As I looked around the Idle Time web site I realized why I'm so attracted to this egocentric medium called Blogging. More importantly I gained some additional appreciation for the depth of my love for Andy.

The guys at Idle Time are the consumate "artistic geeks". To some extent Andy and I are oxymoronic in this way also...if Andy covers oxy well, I can take care of moronic!

In the late 60's I was a student at Carnegie Mellon University...I was there and I can remember (at least a little) of the 60's. CMU was (and is) one of the best drama and science schools in the nation. In the 60's the student body had such bodies as Barbara Feldon and Judith Light among others and the Geeks included Chuck Geschke and James Gosling (a little later but a Blogger extraordinare).

While the "Nerds, Geeks and Gear Heads" didn't always interact with the "Dramats and Painters" there were a few folks in the middle that crossed over to both groups and produced such inspirational work as Godspell, Hill Street Blues, Lycos and even JAVA.

Well the point of this is that these folks worked well together and shared their artistic and scientific talents.

I have often told the HLS that extreme positions meet. I believe there isn't much difference between radical and reactionary--they meet at anarchist! Talented folks like Andy and those at Idle Time have and will continue to produce a fusion of thought and creativity that will ultimately provoke the world to care...I want to be a tiny little piece of it.


Comments:
I'll handle your oxy anytime, Mick.
 
P.S. You're very kind. I agree, we play off each other well.

A.
 
Hello

Hello

Hello

Do I have your attention Yet??? Great esp are Here Today.. Hope You Check it out.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?