Saturday, February 12, 2005

Solar Migration

As I've aged I have become more aware of the amount of daylight in my life. While I don't think I suffer from SAD, I have an understanding of the need of the Druids and others to celebrate the Winter Solstice. About this time last week we passed the mid-point of winter and I have become aware of the lengthening of the days. On the way to work Wednesday the sun was high above the fog bank over the Waccamaw River.

Morning Fog

When I came home that evening there was still plenty of light in the sky for me and Cleo to enjoy a little walk around the pond.

Evening Walk

O SUN O LUV--Indeed!
Comments:
Yes, as a person even slightly older than you, I also crave more light. I Love these photos and this place, and I love to watch the season turn. I'm also glad that Cleo got to go around the lake. xoxo
 
Mick, I thought the Winter Solstice was nearly a month and a half ago...

I only know because I posted about the very same thing, watching as the light changes day to day.

I like how much our thoughts mirror eachother. The similarities help to highlight the stylistic differences in our writing, making them both read a little richer.

Thanx, and enjoy the light.

A.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?