Saturday, April 16, 2005

Pass the Dutchie

Behold, the Caesar’s Bath meme! List five things that people in your circle of friends or peer group are wild about, but you can’t really understand the fuss over. To use the words of Caesar (from History of the World Part I), “Nice. Nice. Not thrilling . . . but nice.”

Et tu Brute!

Since it came from Andy I'll give it a try. Pretty difficult though because I generally go along with about anything and like most of it.

After some thought though maybe there are some things I don't quite understand like-

1. Reality TV. I rickin Im jist to dum fur dis un. If oxymoron ever had a meaning...emphasis moron!

2. NASCAR. I love autos and autosports. Formula one and World Rally Championship, sports endurance racing like Sebring and LeMans, SCCA solo one and vintage cars. Even NHRA and street racing but I've just never liked NASCAR. Sacrilege here in the South!

3. Men in uniform. Southern girls presumably love men in uniform. The Citadel men are an anachronism and the National Guard and Reserve are getting screwed so badly in Bush's wars that they are to be pitied.

4. Hunting. I like fishing and the outdoors so I'm suppossed to like hunting. I've had fun target shooting skeet and with small caliber rifles, but I just can't get the maddness of deer hunting and the rest of the ilk. I am in strong opposition to handguns and assault weapons.

5. Texas Hold 'Em. I haven't really given it a chance, but I've been playing cards for over fifty years and have played all types of poker. This ain't card playing; the odds are as simple as black jack; it is all about bluffin'.

Maybe Tim should give it a try!
Comments:
Heather-You've got to be kiddin.' Helen and Ruth had taught me to shuffle at three!

I was playin' solitaire and war by the time I was four and poker at five!
 
well shit. if you've been playing that long, why the hell haven't you ever gone and made some money doing it and bought everyone a pony and a new outfit?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?